Stop struggling and start living the meaningful and fulfilling life you desire. Pine Grove offers a variety of Intensive Workshops that take participants on a positive and reflective journey of self discovery. These workshops help people learn the root causes of destructive behaviors and teaches them the tools to make productive decisions. Our Intensive Workshops provide a powerful and life changing experience. All Intensive Workshops are facilitated by licensed and certified professionals, who have demonstrated proven leadership in their respective fields of expertise.
Breaking Free: Help For Difficult Relationships
Breaking Free is a five-day workshop designed to help individuals discover why they repeat the same relationship patterns, empower them to tackle challenging family situations, and release themselves from addictive relationships. Breaking Free provides the tools to attain a positive, fulfilling life.
Christian Personal Freedom
Christian Personal Freedom is a five-day intensive workshop that incorporates biblical truths, helps people identify negative patterns, and find freedom from self-defeating behaviors holding them back from living the life they desire.
Partners Three-Day Intensive Workshop
Pine Grove’s Three-Day Partners Intensive Workshop is specifically designed to help partners, who have experienced betrayal, identify their attachment styles and establish healthy boundaries for self-care within a group setting. This workshop helps partners develop helpful tools to improve their emotional regulation and complete the workshop with individualized continuing care recommendations. This workshop begins on a Friday and concludes on Sunday.
*The following workshops are scheduled as needed, call 1-888-574-4673 for pricing and group size information.
Formal Disclosure Workshop
This workshop serves the needs of couples that have experienced sexual betrayal.
Uniquely Structured Intensives
Often client needs cannot be adequately addressed without tailoring a workshop specific to their situation and location. With this workshop, Pine Grove will travel and design a unique workshop for the participant or participants.
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT COMMENTS
- “This was a life changing experience for me.”
- “I am so grateful for the wisdom and knowledge garnered.”
- “Extremely knowledgeable and compassionate facilitators.”
- “It changed my life… It was perfect – a gift – life altering and where I was once blind – I now see.”
- “I gained knowledge and hope. I am grateful for this.”
- “Time and money well spent. A true help to my recovery.”
- “I have never experienced anything like this, and I am beyond words.”
- “Good understanding of addiction; clarity of goals and boundaries; and clear guidance on what I need to do next.”
- “Interaction with peers and hearing their stories was priceless.”
- “After just one day, I was already starting to see the world and people in a different, more healthy way. That has continued, and I feel more love for myself and others.”
- “As I reflect on my experience (in the workshop), I think that it has been one of the most important things I have done in my life.”
- “I have become younger and lighter through this workshop – thank you!”
- “Thank you for helping me release the demons who kept me in a perpetual state of fear and anger!”
- “This is a life changing for me. I received so many gifts from this program; the facilitators were exceptional. I highly recommend this program.”
- “This workshop has been the missing piece of the puzzle in my life.”
- “This program rocks!”
INTENSIVES WORKSHOP TEAM
Caroline Smith, MA, LPC, CSAT-S, CMAT, CIP, EMDR
Caroline Smith is the Director of Pine Grove’s Addiction Services and Intensive Workshops. Smith has over twenty years of expertise working with high profile, international clients dealing with intimacy disorders and sexual addiction betrayal. Smith frequently speaks at professional conferences throughout the United States and Internationally. She also had the honor of providing a plenary session during Ireland’s first Neuroscience and Addiction Conference, and she authored a chapter in the published book, Mending A Shattered Heart: A Guide for Partners of Sex Addicts, 2nd edition. Caroline Smith holds two Master’s degrees in Professional Counseling and Traumatic Abuse from Ottawa University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist-Supervisor, and a Certified Interventionist Professional. She is EMDR II trained and holds clinical expertise in the areas of trauma resolution, relationship attachment patterns, and addiction interaction disorders.
Bill Rap, MRE, PSAP
Bill Rap holds a Master of Religious Education degree from Nazarene Theological Seminary. He is a Certified Pastoral Sexual Addiction Professional. He has been credentialed as an ordained minister within the Church of the Nazarene since 1989.
Rap began his work as Co-Facilitator of Christian Intensive Workshops at Pine Grove in 2011. His initial focus was in doing extensive research in the areas of the marriage relationship, personal bondages and addictions, and the five core issues addressed in all of the intensive workshops: Self-esteem, Boundaries, Truth, Needs, and Emotions. His research was based heavily upon God’s Word and renowned authors in the various fields. Subsequent to the research was the development of the curriculum used in the Christian Intensive Workshops.
In addition to his role as Co-Facilitator, he has been privileged to speak at Pine Grove’s First Friday counselor training events in Memphis, TN, Birmingham, AL, Pensacola, FL, and New Orleans, LA. He has also co-authored an article in the monthly magazine, Mississippi Christian Living.
Before beginning his work at Pine Grove, Rap served as lead pastor of three different churches over a period of 24 years, two in central California and one in Nebraska. As a lead pastor he has years of experience helping people with a variety of life issues. His teaching on forgiveness has helped troubled couples find hope and healing. His leadership in Men’s Advance from 1994-2009, a West Coast ministry to men, gave him hands on tools for helping men struggling with personal addictions and bondages.
Rap brings his passion for people and his pastoral experience to his Intensive Workshops with a deep desire to see people heal and grow. He specializes in the areas of Marriage Renewal and Personal Freedom, and combines the power of God’s Word with the practice of sound clinical tools in his work.