Dependence on alcohol or other drugs is a widespread problem. Many times, people don’t recognize it. Chemical dependency is simply the inability to control the use of some physical substance, not being able to limit how much is used. If you have a dependency problem, recognizing it can help you to move toward a happier and healthier life.
Here are some signs that might indicate a chemical dependency problem in you or someone you love:
- Trying to cut down or quit using a substance and failing at it
- Blackouts or lapses of memory after use
- Using the substance while alone or hiding the evidence of use
- Using the substance to forget about problems or worries
- Doing thing under the influence that cause regret afterwards
- Not being able to enjoy an event without the substance
- Neglecting responsibilities in order to use the substance
- Family, friends, or employer expressing concern about use
- Being willing to do almost anything to get the substance
- Financial or legal problems from using the substance
Recognizing that there is a problem is the first step toward recovering.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health and Addiction Services is an extension of Forrest General Hospital, located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Pine Grove’s world renowned programs focus on treating gender specific chemical addiction including a specialized track for co-occurring eating disorders. Additionally, Pine Grove offers a focused substance abuse healing program for adults age 55 and over. Other Pine Grove specialty programs include a dedicated professional’s treatment curriculum and a comprehensive evaluation center. Pine Grove also features a program for patients with sexual and intimacy disorder issues. Pine Grove was established in 1984 and has provided nationally and internationally recognized health care for over 30 years.
Visit www.pinegrovetreatment.com or call 1-888-574-HOPE (4673) for more information.