Eating Disorder Self Assessment Quiz
Eating disorders such as anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and other forms of disordered eating manifest a variety of physical and psychological symptoms. This self assessment allows a potential patient to review potential eating disorder symptoms and signs. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, we encourage you contact us at 1-888-574-HOPE (4673) to schedule a confidential assessment with one of our trained clinical staff members.
Eating Disorder Screening
- Have you ever been on a severely restrictive diet such as a liquid diet or a fast?
- Do you have episodes of eating large amounts of food in a discrete period of time, i.e. binge eating?
- Have you ever self-induced vomiting to control your weight or get rid of the food you have eaten?
- Have you ever used diet pills?
- Have you ever used laxatives to control your weight or “get rid” of food?
- Have you ever used diuretics to control your weight?
- Have you ever used exercise to control your weight?
- Have you ever used other methods to purge/control your weight (i.e. thyroid hormone, insulin, enemas, surgery, jaw wiring)?
- Are you preoccupied or obsessed about your body weight and size?
- Have you ever been hospitalized or treated in the emergency room for physical complications from your eating disorder (i.e. electrolyte imbalance, dehydration)?