"Using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy To Promote Self-Confidence by Reducing Anxiety and Self-Doubt"
Presented by Leslie Sokol, Ph.D.
Registration: 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Lecture: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Forrest General Hospital - Tree Room
6051 US 49
Hattiesburg, MS 394011
Cost of Attendance: $75.00
FGH Employees/Students: $25.00
*Online registration is currently closed for the is event. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
*Payroll deduction is available for FGH Employees the day of the event. Attendees can also pay with either cash or check at the door.
About this workshop:
This full day workshop is designed for the both the beginner and advanced student of CBT. Through didactic lecture, experiential exercises, and video observation participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the cognitive model and how to apply it to understanding clients and their problems. Self-Confidence is the best armor against psychopathology and this workshop will provide specific tools to remove self-doubt and grow a more realistically positive view of one self. Perhaps the greatest potency of CBT is in the treatment of anxiety disorders. The second half of this workshop will focus on the cognitive conceptualization of anxiety and specific treatment strategies. Cognitive restructuring and behavioral exposure will be presented and demonstrated. Self-doubt is a particular vulnerability in the anxious client and this workshop will address how to defeat self-doubt and build the greatest resource against anxiety, self-confidence.
- Develop case conceptualization skills in an attempt to better understand clients through the lens of the cognitive model.
- Develop an understanding of the cognitive conceptualization of various anxiety disorders.
- Apply evidence-based CBT techniques in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
- Gain skills in identifying, evaluating and modifying self-doubt and building self-confidence.
- Gain skills in understanding and delivering various types of exposure in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
The target audience includes professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields who are counselors, nurses, social workers, psychologists, and therapists.
Psychology: 5.25 CE Hours: Pine Grove is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
NBCC: 5.25 CE Hours: Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Mississippi Social Work: 5.25 CE hours: Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services (DP# SWB12013) is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT Approval Period: 08/24/18 through 08/24/20. Social workers will receive 5.25 CE hours in participating in this course. (Clinical _5.25__ /Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics Hours / ___ General Hours).
Mississippi LMFT: 5.5 General Hours, Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services (Provider # TCE0003). Approval Number MS18-033.
Nursing: 5.25 Contact Hours (Approval Number 00195-755) Forrest General Hospital is an Approved Provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Dr. Leslie Sokol is a paid consultant for Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speakers are not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speakers will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 prior to the event.
Please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The day of the talk, if an attendee feels that the workshop is not what was advertised, the fee will be refunded.