"Supporting Aging Professionals: Clinical Implications and Resources"
Presented by Kristen Condeelis, MA
Lecture: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Pine Grove Turner Hall
This presentation aims to help attendees better understand the shifting demographics of aging professionals, provide useful methods for facilitating improved understanding of the successful aging process for older professionals using multiple approaches, and identify clinicians’ roles in supporting aging professionals within the workplace. Attendees will be encouraged to engage in discussion around issues aging professionals might experience both personally and professionally and will learn ways to address these problems from a clinical standpoint.
About the speaker(s):
Kristen Condeelis is a doctoral intern with Pine Grove Behavioral Health. She received her master’s degree in clinical psychology in 2016 from The University of Alabama.
- Participants will be able to describe the shifting demographics of aging professionals.
- Participants will be able to help aging professionals understand the successful aging process utilizing a variety of approaches.
- Participants will be able to identify their role(s) in supporting aging professionals within the workplace.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields including counselors, nursing staff, social workers, psychologists, and therapists. Information will be presented at an intermediate level.
Psychology: 1 Hour: (Pending) Pine Grove is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Mississippi Social Work: 1 Hour (Provider DP #SWB12013) Pine Grove is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT (08/24/18 through 08/24/20). Social workers will receive 1 CE hour in participating in this course (Clinical 1__ / Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics ___ /General ___).
NBCC: (1 CE hour) Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Alabama Social Work: 1 Contact Hour (Provider #0336 through ABSWE).
Louisiana Social Work: 1 Contact Hour (Clinical: 1__ contact hour / Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics ___ contact hour /General ___). Continuing education credit for partial attendance will not be issued. This program is approved for 1 contact hour by Pine Grove as authorized by the Louisiana State Board Of Social Work Examiners.
Mississippi LMFT: 1 General Hour. Approval Number MS19-029
Nursing: 1 Contact Hour: (approval Pending).
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Kristen Condeelis is a doctoral intern with Pine Grove Behavioral Health.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speakers are not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speakers will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 prior to the event.
Please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There is no cost to employees of Forrest Health. The cost for non-employees will be 25 dollars for attendance. The day of the talk, if an attendee feels that the workshop is not what was advertised, the fee will be refunded.