"Dangerous Love: Personal & Professional Implications"
Presented by Deborah Schiller, LPC, CSAT-S, CMAT-S
Registration: 11:00 am – 11:30 am
Lecture: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
3500 Grandview Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35243
About this workshop:
The purpose of this presentation is to provide opportunities for learning about therapeutic interventions, attachment styles, maladaptive defense mechanisms, and ethical considerations, which will lead to increased effectiveness in working with both individuals and couples who exhibit unhealthy relationship characteristics.
About the speaker(s):
Deborah Schiller is a Clinical Consultant at Pine Grove's Gratitude program where she previously served as Program Director. Schiller earned her master's degree in Early Childhood Education from Stanford University and master's degree in counseling from The University of South Alabama. Schiller is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Supervisor (CSAT-S) and Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist Supervisor (CMAT-S).
- Participants will be able to identify guidelines to determine therapeutic interventions which will assist them in addressing unhealthy relationship patterns in their clients.
- Participants will be able to describe how to increase therapeutic effectiveness when working with couples who struggle with problematic sexual behaviors.
- Participants will explore the dynamics involved in working with couples who exhibit dysfunctional personality characteristics such as out of control anger, dependent traits, and narcissism.
- Participants will have an expanded knowledge of the impact adverse childhood events can have on attachment styles and why women stay with men who display potentially harmful behaviors.
- Participants will join in a group discussion focusing on ethical considerations when helping clients address dangerous relationship dynamics.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields who are counselors, nursing staff, social workers, ppsychologists, and therapists.
Psychology: 3 CE Hours: Pine Grove is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Mississippi Social Work: 3 CE hours: Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services (DP# SWB12013) is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT Approval Period: 08/24/18 through 08/24/20. Social workers will receive 3 CE hours in participating in this course. (Clinical__2__ /Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics Hours__1__ /General Hours ___ ).
NBCC: 3 CE Hours: Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Alabama Social Work: 3 Contact Hours: Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services has been approved by the Alabama State Board Of Social Work Examiners as a continuing education provider, #0336, and is solely responsible for all aspects of this program. Social workers will receive a total of 3 contact hours by participating in this course. (Clinical__2__ /Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics Hours__1__ /General Hours ___ ).
Louisiana Social Work: 3 Contact Hours: This program is approved for 3 contact hour by Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services as authorized by the Louisiana State Board Of Social Work Examiners. Continuing education credit for partial attendance will not be issued. (Clinical__2__ /Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics Hours__1__ /General Hours ___ ).
Mississippi LMFT: 3 General Hours: Approval Pending..
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Deborah Schiller is a paid consultant for Pine Grove.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speakers are not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speakers will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Theresa Darty- King at 601-288-4945 prior to the event.
Please contact Theresa Darty- King at 601-288-4945 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There is no charge for attendance to this workshop.