Presented by Sally Moody, LCSW
Lecture: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Pine Grove Turner Hall
The purpose of the lecture is to increase awareness of professional boundaries and explore implications of professional boundaries to patients.
About the speaker(s):
Sally Moody is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Clinical Therapist with the Professional Enhancement Program (PEP) at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, where she serves as Clinical Director. Moody is also a Clinical Therapist for Pine Grove's Professionals Recovery Track. She earned her undergraduate degree in Social Work from Mississippi College in Clinton, MS and her Master’s degree in Social Work from The University of Denver in Denver, CO. Moody has experience with chemical dependency case management with Arapahoe House, Inc. and in evaluating and monitoring medical professionals with the Colorado Physician Health Program, both in Denver, Colorado. She previously worked with Pine Grove's Legacy program developing, implementing, and treating addiction in adults.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields including counselors, nursing staff, social workers, psychologists, and therapists. Information will be presented at an intermediate level.
- Participants will be able to identify the importance of professional boundaries in their practice.
- Participants will be able to identify different types of boundaries.
- Participants will be given practical tools for decision making around boundaries.
- Participants will engage in problem solving discussions related to practical application of boundaries.
Mississippi Social Work: 1 Hour (Provider DP #SWB12013) Pine Grove is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT (08/24/18 through 08/24/20). Social workers will receive 1 CE hour in participating in this course (Clinical __ / Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics 1 ___ /General ___).
NBCC: (1 CE hour) Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
MMississippi LMFT: 1 General Hour (Pending): Provider #TCE0003.
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Sally Moody is an employee of Pine Grove, an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speaker is not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speaker will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 prior to the event.
Please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There is no cost to employees of Forrest Health. The cost for non-employees will be 25 dollars for attendance. The day of the talk, if an attendee feels that the workshop is not what was advertised, the fee will be refunded.