"Connection: Bridging the Gap in Addiction Recovery"
Presented by John Herrington, LPC
Registration: 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Lecture: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House
800 Green Valley Road Ste 100
Greensboro, NC 27408
*Online registration is currently closed for this event, please contact Theresa Darty-King at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
During this segment of the workshop, attendees will learn about addiction treatment and spirituality in older adults.
About the speaker(s):
John Herrington is a licensed professional counselor with the Next Step program at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services. He received his undergraduate degree in psychology and master’s degree in counseling psychology from The University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. John worked for five years with Pine Belt Mental Healthcare at Oak Arbor working with clients struggling with addiction. He has experience working with drug court, VA, and other local and state resources. John began his work with Pine Grove in March of 2011 working with the Next Step and Sober Living programs providing individual and group therapy for those struggling with addiction. He worked with Pine Grove’s Legacy program as a therapist and then as a Clinical Director for four years before returning to Next Step as Clinical Director.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields including counselors, nursing staff, social workers, psychologists, and therapists. Information will be presented at an intermediate level.
- Describe the characteristics of an older adult and identify addiction in the older adult population.
- Define Spirituality within the context of 12 step recovery.
- Discuss concepts of God and Higher Power utilizing exercises practiced with older adults in treatment.
Psychology: 3 Hours: Pine Grove is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Mississippi Social Work: 3 Hours (Provider DP #SWB12013) Pine Grove is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT (08/24/18 through 08/24/20). Social workers will receive 3 CE hours in participating in this course (Clinical 3__ / Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics ___ /General ___).
NBCC: (3 CE hours) Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- John Herrington is an employee of Pine Grove, an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speaker is not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speaker will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 prior to the event.
Please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There is no charge for attendance to this workshop.