"Legal and Ethical Implications: Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse"
Presented by Mallory Malkin, Ph.D.
Lecture: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Pine Grove Turner Hall
This presentation will cover some of the harmful effects of juuling and vaping and will help practitioners gain a better understanding about how to work with clients who use these substances.
About the speaker(s):
Trish Brix-Baskin received her Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry from Columbia International University and her Master’s degree in Social Work from The University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS. She pursued her LCSW while practicing as a clinician at Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, a community mental health agency, located in Ellisville and Collins, MS. At Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, she provided group, family and individual therapy, assessments and emergency services for elderly and adult clients with limited financial resources. Her clinical experiences include clients with various disorders including mood, personality, substance use, trauma and neuro-developmental disorders.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields including counselors, nursing staff, social workers, psychologists, and therapists.
- Participants will be able to identify and define the federal and state statutes and regulations associated with mandated reporting.
- Participants will be able to recognize the clinical implications in a broader context related to suspected child abuse.
- Participants will be able to discuss and critically evaluate symptomatology in the context of suspected child abuse.
Psychology: 1 CE Hour (Pending): Pine Grove is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
NBCC: 1 CE Hour: Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Mississippi Social Work: 1 CE hour: Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services (DP# SWB12013) is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT Approval Period: 08/24/18 through 08/24/20. Social workers will receive 1 CE hour in participating in this course. (Clinical ___ /Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics Hours _1__ General Hours____).
Alabama Social Work: 1 Contact Hour (Pending): (Provider #0336 through ABSWE). (Clinical ___ /Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics Hours 1___ General Hours______).
Mississippi LMFT: 1 Ethics Hour (approval #MS19-012): Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services (Provider # TCE0003).
Nursing: 1 Contact Hour (approval 00195-766): Forrest General Hospital is an Approved Provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Dr. Mallory Malkin is an employee of Pine Grove, an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speaker is not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speaker will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 prior to the event.
Please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Mississippi Nurses Foundation, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There is no cost to employees of Forrest Health. The cost for non-employees will be 25 dollars for attendance. The day of the talk, if an attendee feels that the workshop is not what was advertised, the fee will be refunded.