"Why so Many Different types of Insulin?"
Presented by Donna Tomlinson, FNP
Lecture: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Pine Grove Turner Hall
About this workshop:
The presentation will compare two different types of insulin and identify determinants of insulin efficacy.
About the speaker(s):
Donna Tomlinson has worked for over 12 years at Forrest General Hospital. She worked at Lakeside Hospital for 4 years on the labor and delivery unit and worked as a clinical instructor at the LSU School of Nursing from 2004 – 2006, in their undergraduate program. She presently works as an FNP on the inpatient unit at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction services, treating patients on the detox unit for residential services, adults and children on the inpatient units.
- Identify the difference between basal and bolus insulin.
- Name 2 determinants of insulin efficacy.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields including counselors, nursing staff, social workers, psychologists, and therapists. Information will be presented at an intermediate level.
Nursing: 1 Contact Hour: (00195-773).
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Donna Tomlinson is a paid employee of Pine Grove, an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speakers are not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speakers will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 prior to the event.
Please contact Samuel Rosa at 601-288-4915 at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
There is no cost to employees of Forrest Health. The cost for non-employees will be 25 dollars for attendance. The day of the talk, if an attendee feels that the workshop is not what was advertised, the fee will be refunded.