Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Daphne, AL 36526
About this workshop:
The purpose of this workshop is to provide education and discussion on professionalism, boundaries, and social media.
About the speaker(s):
Dr. Leah Claire Bennett is a licensed psychologist with Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, where she serves as the organization’s Clinical Operations Director. In this role, she provides clinical direction and supervision for Pine Grove’s addiction treatment programs including the Women’s Center, Legacy, Gratitude, and Next Step. Dr. Bennett also oversees Pine Grove’s professional treatment programs, including the Professional Enhancement Program, known as PEP, and Pine Grove’s Professionals Recovery Track, which is designed for the organization’s addiction treatment patients who hold a professional license.
Sally Moody is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Clinical Therapist with the Professional Enhancement Program (PEP) at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, where she serves as Clinical Director. Moody is also a Clinical Therapist for Pine Grove’s Professionals Recovery Track. She earned her undergraduate degree in Social Work from Mississippi College in Clinton, MS and her Master’s degree in Social Work from The University of Denver in Denver, CO. Moody has experience with chemical dependency case management with Arapahoe House, Inc. and in evaluating and monitoring medical professionals with the Colorado Physician Health Program, both in Denver, Colorado.
- Participants will be able to identify and discuss professionalism, ethics, and boundaries.
- Participants will be able to discuss implications of social media in the realm of communication, ethics, and professional boundaries.
- Participants will be able to list ways in which they can enhance their professionalism with social media.
- Participants will be able to use concepts to apply to case examples of professionalism and boundaries.
The target audience will consist of professional clinicians in the mental health and addiction fields including counselors, social workers, and therapists. Information will be presented at an intermediate level.
Psychology: (3 CE Hours) Pine Grove is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Mississippi Social Work: (3 CE Hours) (Provider DP #SWB12013) Pine Grove is approved as a provider for continuing education by the MBOE & MFT (08/24/18 through 08/24/20). Social workers will receive 3 CE hours in participating in this course (Clinical _ / Supervision___ /Cultural Competency___/ Ethics 3___ /General ___).
NBCC: (3 CE Hours) Pine Grove has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6392. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified, Pine Grove is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Mississippi LMFT: (3 Ethics CE Hours) (Pending): Provider #TCE0003.
Alabama Social Work: (3 Contact Hours) (Provider #0336 through ABSWE).
Ethical Disclosures for Speaker(s):
- Dr. Leah Claire Bennett & Sally Moody are paid employees of Pine Grove, an extension of Forrest General Hospital.
- There is no commercial support of the speaker(s), the content of the talk(s) or anything that might be a conflict of interest beyond the speakers being paid by Pine Grove.
- The speakers are not promoting any books, medications or training that will be for sale at the talk that might constitute a conflict of interest.
- The speakers will cover any potential limitations and risks of the treatment or topics being discussed during the talk.
- Some of the material covered is of a sensitive nature about addictions, ethical dilemmas and/or other clinical disorders.
Those in attendance must stay for the entire duration of the workshop; partial credit for partial attendance will not be awarded.
APA CE Statement:
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Pine Grove maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services complies with the ADA. This facility is handicapped-accessible. If any conference participant is in need of reasonable accommodation, please contact Angela Gray (601-270-8515) prior to the event.
Please contact Angela Gray (601-270-8515) at Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, 2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Forrest General Hospital is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by The Mississippi Nurses Foundation, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
There is no cost for attendance to the program.